Feb 26, 2010

The walk over to paradise...

The day started off as most mornings do close to a court house police sirens blaring loudly over the morning rush hour traffic.  The fact that it was comming from the direction of  the Government House in Nassau pushed me in the opposite direction.  Yes towards the earth shattering sound of cruise ship horns and the smell of sun block. 


Thats just the morning and not really part of the walk over to paradise island.  I was in Nassau to shoot a wedding and the idea was to walk over to the venue for the reception (the Colonial Hylton) for a recce.  Of course things got out of hand... you walk some where do a recce try to find a store to buy a cold Heineken completely miss the liquor store across the road and the next thing you know you're 1½ miles from where you've started on a bridge headed over to the largest hotel in the Caribbean (someone correct me if i'm wrong).




On the way though me and my good friend ( the doomed groom) took in some sites.

Cathedral On George Street


Shoppers on Bay Street


 Lawyers on the way to the Court House


Shoppers on Bay Street



Rum... Heineken... Heineken..Rum ...choices choices...


boats...boats... 

 

Complex by the Paradise Island Bridge

Tunnel On Paradise Island

Funny thing about that tunnel... its below the water level (to allow yatch to pass into the Atlantis Marina)... and I think it leaks.




 Well the rest of images speak for themselves.














And the whole reason for walking over there.... well its my reason and im sticking to it....
Alas if only there were bikini clad models in the background...



1 comment:

  1. Awesome shots! I hope to visit the Bahamas someday. LoLO has been here and Claire twice....me, well I paid for it.

    ReplyDelete