Jul 30, 2010

JCDC and the Cultist... Part 2

If you missed the images go to the previous post to view them. Special Thanks to Kirk for the PR photos.

The Ceremony:
I was awarded a bronze medal for "The Bounded" and  a Silver medal for "The Masked Cultist".  I also shared the sectional prize with Berette Macaulay (check out her blog).

Receiving the Bronze for "The Bounded"


Berette Macaulay and myself recieving the Sectional prize trophies for photography



Also the Future Mrs. Dadag, Krystal Moodie, took home 2 trophies as well.  One for Emerging Artist and the other one for outstanding artist under 30.  First year in photography, first entry in any competition... I'm so proud of her :).  Congrats to Diallo Dixon and Julian Cresser members of  UWICC (The University of the West Indies Camera Club, Mona ) that also got awards.

Krystal with her "babies" posing by her image "An Island Awakens"


The Exhibition

Thanks to our friends that supported us, even before the event.  The rest of photos were taken by Kirk inside the national gallery. 

Sandwiched between "The Bounded" and "The Masked Cultist"


The Crew


Catching a laugh after the press photos

The crowd rushes in

4 comments:

  1. Love you babe :) thanks for the shout out :) We did each other proud!!
    P.S. check out my blog entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - I just stumbled across this! Thanks for the shout out - I put a pic of us too on my blog post about the ceremony: http://sebiart.blogspot.com/2010/07/ha-i-got-support-like-obama-used-to.html

    I know you're used to this, but it was a new and mind blowing experience for me. So much was going on I didn't get to scratch my head let along congratulate anyone...so without further adieu, CONGRATULATIONS! And I really dig your stuff. :)

    Berette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Berette. Love your blog as well, and Congrats to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julian...congrats to yourself and Krystal - so glad that UWI CC has continued it's success at JCDC....... that wedding is coming up real fast now...... enjoy!!!!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete